View Single Post
Old 19-06-2004, 02:08   #30

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...05/EDMEYER.DTL

Take a careful look at what's going on in each square.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh
its bad enough youre gay ... but why are you going out with an indian ?!"
Nothing wrong with that. I know a White gay man who prefers Black men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
Marriage is ONLY for a man and a woman. Eng of story for me. Gay couples can have civil unions with identical rights as the married couples, just don't call their union "marriage". I don't know why. That's just how I feel.
If you see two ducks, and decide to call one duck a chicken, the fact still stands that they are both ducks.

Why bother with two names for the exact same thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0k0
but, as i remember, there's nothing in the original God's or Jesus' words being against homosexuality, so, there is a little door for the church to escape through.
It's in Leviticus somewhere:

"Men shalt not lie with men. God hates that." (playing devil's advocate, and paraphrasing)

Kate: If you'll allow me to quote myself from something I said on another forum:

Quote:
In summary - "it's just a couple things they would gain, and therefore its not necessary." Not only is that not true, but if it were true, it still wouldn't matter. You know there's a huge difference between being able to call s/o your wife as opposed to just a girlfriend. Just that alone is enough reason.

"dont mess with something that has worked for 1000s of years" - Well clubbing a girl over the head and raping her worked for thousands of years too. But is that still legal?

Last edited by ypsidan04; 19-06-2004 at 02:26.