View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 00:10   #152
The Dream is Over, :~(

The result of Palin's abstinence only program.
Heckuva job Palin!

God, why do I get the really uneasy feeling that no matter how unqualified, hypocritical, scandal-ridden this woman is, McCain will still win the election? The Evangelicals haven't said anything yet, probably still trying to get over the initial shock (though people have been speculating for a while that the youngest child, Trig, is actually Bristol's baby too), but they'll just say how brave the girl was for keeping the child... which is so convenient seeing as how she's from a well-to-do family unlike most unwed teenage mothers.

But what I think is the biggest crime in all this is that Gov. Palin name her children Bristol, Willow, Track and Trig.....

Track and Trig?
Are those even names for children or classes you take in high scool?

RE: VPILF
dradeel, I did know what it meant and was just aghast that she was called that. But now in hindsight I see that it is downright fitting. After all the progress women have made, particularly in politics, particularly with Clinton as this formidable force (though I would argue that she wouldn't have done it without Bill), this is what is what the US ends up with? Experienced, unquestionably qualified women are passed up for women who are aesthetically pleasing and fertile? Palin, whose career is thanks in large part to a feminism she abhors; she's against equal pay for equal work, advocates for patriarchy though she doesn't participate in it, among other things.
I swear, McCain could not have made a bigger slap to feminism.
This is quite a feat.

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 02-09-2008 at 00:48.