View Single Post
Old 22-04-2007, 20:07   #12
Can You See Them Now?

Khartoun - I was not meaning to offend anyone. I'd also like to say that I"m glad you're on your way to you're desired gender. I'm not prejudice, I just spent an entire day without talking, passing out cards to show acceptance for GBLT people. I am all for equality. But that still does not change my oppinion on this matter.

What legislation and science defines as "Gender" are completely different. Government says that your gender is what is also known as your "Gender Identity", meaning whatever you feel that you are sex wise. But it also can be interpreted as what other people percieve your gender as.

Your gender - whether people like it or not. Are based upon your chemical makeup, and you cannot change that.

In science, you are female if you have female genitalia and two X chromosomes.

You are male if you have male genitalia and one X and one Y chromosome.

I do not care what society lables anybody. The fact of the matter is, science determines your sex, not your local government. This does not mean that I don't agree with transgendered people, because I feel it's a great step towards GBLT acceptance to take the step forward and change your sex for your own desired reason. But when it comes down to it, science takes precedence over legislation that is one of the biggest disputes in the trangender world.

And for that matter, I'd like to point out that this article is a bit derogatory if you found the term "Tranny" offensive. According to you a persons gender is whatever gender they think they are correct? So then, wouldn't it be discriminatory to refer to that said person as anynthing but Male or Female? Since technically being "transgeder" dosen't exist? After all, it's just a state to where you believe you are the opposite sex, so why have the term at all? Why not just call yourself a male if you are a female? And female if you are a male?

- Because it's not that simple. And science proves that.

I'm sorry if I've offended you, but these are my view on the matter, and I do not think that a woman should be able to run for prom king. Does this mean if she thought she were a dog she'd be able to lick her vagina in public and pee on sidewalks? No, do you see my point?

Society can tell you what you want to belive, and the government can tell you what doors they are opening, but the fact of the matter is, science is the only field that actually counts for something.

Quote:
and i hope the prom queen is some homophob cheerleader
Yes, becuase that would acomplish so much for the GBLT community.