View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 23:18   #20
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl
Now I don't know what the attitude is over in the UK but I do know here that when Eminem made those comments it were pretty big. He personally had to make the rounds with the press making it clear that he wasn't homophobic. He even went out of his way to sing a duet with Elton John at the Grammy Awards, which reminds me of the time when Kurt Cobain accused Axl Rose of being homophobic, Rose then sang a duet with Elton John to refute that (what the fcuk is up with Elton John).
Perrrleasseee, isn't the guy just trying a little too hard?!

Quote:
Furthermore, in Eminem's movie 8-mile I think he had a gay friend that co-workers picked on, though this is lame, Eminem defended the friend by saying to his co-workers "he may be gay, but you're a faggot." I told you it was lame, but his heart was in the right place.
Heart in the right place?!! I think it shows how narrow-minded and stupid he is!

Quote:
The demo tapes just served as a front for them to unleash their rage, "first the guy steals our music for the amusement of white people, now he's going to insult us for the amusement of white poeple? Hell no!!!"
Steal their music?!! Ermmm...the phrase "get over yourself" springs to mind! Why anyone would wanna steal "their" music anyway is beyond me!

Quote:
I also commend the GLAAD Awards that rewards Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals and Transgendered, because like those black institutions of the past, they realize that nobody will recognize their talent and where there talent is coming from unless they do.
You think their talent is getting recognised now?!! When was the last time you heard the GLAAD Awards mentioned in mainsteam international media?!

Quote:
I really don't understand how you guys could just focus on one minority. To assume that the majority of black people are homophobic has got to be the most generalizing thing I have ever heard. And even if you are right, do you honestly think that it is just black people? Because I have some seriously bad news to tell you; the majority of white people may also be homophobic, as well the South Asians, South East Asians, Hispanic, Arab, I could go on forever.
It's the black rappers that we hear the shit from 24/7, can you blame anyone from focusing on them?

Quote:
Do you think it was black people who voted for a President that is gunning for a constitutional ban on gay marriage?
Erm...are you seriously suggesting they didn't vote for him because of his issues with gay marriage?!!

Quote:
Do you think it was black people that voted for, in all ten states that had it on their ballots, a ban on gay marriage?
Errm...yes!!

Quote:
Do you think black people run mega-networks like NBC and CBS that refused to air a commercial for the United Church that said GLBTs are welcomed, because apparently inclusiveness is now too controversial.
It's about religion mania - somthing blacks like to regually use to excuse their behaviour and attitude towards gay people!

Quote:
And guess what?! Les Moonves, the CEO for CBS, is Jewish!!! OMG, a man coming from a group of people that definitely know the meaning of discrimination, but, but, but how could he do this?
I can't comment on this as I don't know of the guy, but tell me, is religion a part of his life?!!

Quote:
Do you know what is even more shocking though, BET (Black Entertainment Television) has no problems with it, as does UPN and network that's demographic is predominately black and so far their viewers are not complaining.
I don't know of this "BET" but I'm guessing it's not a mainstream TV channel. And what have they shown to show their support for gay people?!

Quote:
I still do not get why black people, specifically black people must not be homophobic. What the hell does our past have to do with anything? What, because we must know what it is like to be discriminated against? We are not the only people who have been the object of hatred.
Maybe it's something to do with the music black people are producing!!! It's gonna get our attention isn't it?!!

Quote:
What about women who are homophobic? Jews? Asians?...
How many of these focus on using derogatory terms towards gay people and sell millions of records?!!

Quote:
What about gay people who are sexist, racist even? Yeah! it exists.
I never said it didn't exist, but I think gay people have more of a reason to have an issue with homophobic black people!

Quote:
Just because black people are an easy target, doesn't make us the only target.
Easy target?!! God, you're joking right?!! If anyone is an easy target for anything it's GAY PEOPLE. Maybe you have a good long think about why black people are being focused on in this conversation!

Quote:
And just a tip from us black folk; when fighting against hatred it is useful and more effective to go after the big fish, you know the people who are actively, directly involved in limiting your rights, i.e. policy-makers.
These "policy makers" are often religion fanatics, here we're focusing on hypocrites - people who think they are descrimated against 24/7 but find it find to support the killing of gay people!

Quote:
And what of white people? Are you implying that because white people, particularly white males, never get discriminated against they can't possibly understand what it is like, so they get a free pass with homophobia. That is insulting to white people.
No, I am not saying that at all, as I said in my above comment I'm focusing on the hypocritical thing as it annoys the hell out of me!

Quote:
Is it because the "bitches" that they are refering to are black, and you are white (assuming you are white). But doesn't that offend you? How black women are portrayed in their videos, doesn't that illicit that same reaction in you as their homophobic words do? It doesn't though does it? The only thing that offends you in those videos are how ugly those women's bodies are. Yeah!
These "bitches" are putting themselves in the videos and letting thewmselves get treated like that! Whose fault is that?!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm