View Single Post
Old 17-11-2004, 01:38   #7
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
At least it is becoming an issue in Britain. Look at the publicity Outrage has got for its campaign against Jamaican dance hall stars who incite murder of gay people - and the success they had in shaming the MOBO awards into uninviting them.
they were only uninvited due to the pressure they were put under by Outrage - it's not that the organisers actually cared! They were saving their skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
It's quite disturbing the way that people who have been the victims of prejudice themselves don't seem to be able to see that their prejudices against other people are just as wrong, but it's hardly surprising, lol.
No offense to anyone out there, but I think it's a bit like the notion that abused children usually end up abusers themselves.

I recently heard about a priest or whatever from Atlanta that said something like "when a gay person compares him/herself to the black community, he/she doesn't know what suffering is." It appears he seems to believe that suffering has only been experienced by blacks people and that everyone should shut up and put up with their "discomfort." He fails to understand the impact that homophobia has on gay people.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm