View Single Post
Old 17-11-2004, 00:49   #4
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
But if we were to have a MOWO Awards it would be classed as racism
OMG How many times have I mentioned that to my friend Bam?!! To be honest I don't think they help themselves - it's as though they're trying to separete themselves from everyone else when what they should be doing is trying to get us all together and forget our colour!

Quote:
If I called someone a "n#gger" (not that I ever would do such a thing) I'd be treated like an outcast for the rest of my natural life. Yet I walk around town every day and hear the terms "gay", "fag", "queer", "homo" etc etc used as insults and slurs and noone bats an eye. But what happens if I speak out against such things? I get laughed at.
It's a sad, sad situation. And it's a situation that I don't see changing for a very long time.
Well I think you just confirmed how looked down upon it is to say "nigger" as you censored it LOL

I'm sick of the Tim Westwood show on Radio 1. This is the BBC and they find it perfectly ok to get rappers on there that have nothing more to say than "faggot". This is what the BBC spends our television license money on The BBC won't show two girls having a short kiss, but they're fine about people shouting "faggot" over the radio. It's really sad.

Quote:
I should also state, as Rachel did, that I am no racist in any way or form. I just see a hell of a lot of hypocracy going on when it comes to what is and what isn't acceptable in society these days.
I also think it sucks that I should feel obliged to reaffirm that I'm not a racist for fear of people taking my perfectly understandable viewpoint in entirely the wrong context.
Would it be considered ok to hate black people because the majorly of them are homophobic and not actually because they are black? I was having this discussion recently with some of my friends and apparently I'm racist But of course I was having this conversation with 2 straight girls, so they wouldn't understand how annoying it can be that there is such a double standard.

*Expects to get flamed*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm