View Single Post
Old 25-03-2010, 00:55   #233
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
There's a huge difference between not trusting your government because they are a bunch of moronic retards... and having a truly corrupt government that murders people for the fun of it or because someone disagrees with them.

Our government is in serious need of some new blood and a slap in face to bring them back to reality, but you are not going to be hauled off by secret police and shot in the back of the head in a field somewhere for voicing your opinions. That is true corruption my dear Timmy.

I'm not saying that our government doesn't have issues, but the laws are still followed and we still have our rights. That is not the case in a lot of places. China is a hugely corrupt place, Sudan... I don't think I need to explain why Sudan is a corrupt government. Russia is pretty corrupt look no further than Putin.

Lobbyists have always been a part of American Politics and they always will be, out entire system was set up around that, the very fact that we have Political Parties in the first place makes them a necessity. It's not corruption if the system is working the way it was designed to work. The problem here is the general apathy of the public and the fact that fewer and fewer constituents are becoming active in politics as their own lobbying groups. So naturally the corporations are winning the battle for influence. But that's not true corruption.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes