View Single Post
Old 21-10-2003, 15:52   #44
turn it on

Quote:
Originally posted by luxxi
True, however there's difference between hinted lesbian act (like dancing close, lapdancing etc) and full scale lip kiss on stage. This is where others are copying t.A.T.u. Why sudden boom after they came along? Bacause it's IN and everybody wants to be IN.

just gotta stick up for madonna here.

1. it's just wrong to begin to even think she's copying tatu in her vma performance (probably a *cough* tongue in cheek nod in there direction maybe! LOL) but if you think this check out her vma performance in the early nineties with the song 'bye, bye, baby' when lena and yulia were probably about 7 years old. (and that performance is just an example if you want more, just watch every tour she's ever done!LOL)

2. and just hinting at lesbianism. have you ever seen any of the photographs in her book SEX? or even read any of it? again out in the early nineties.

3. just pointing out it's nothing new for her. she has been linked with numerous women throughout her career which began in the late 70's LOL. way before lena and yulia were born. and has never stated that she was straight, bi-sexual or gay.

and i'm not trying to say that madonna has the patent for lesbianism either.

i also don't think that the power of tatu is the kiss on stage etc. it's the fact that they got to no.1 all over the place with an overt love song between 2 girls without any subtext, and the mainstream/general public loved it. that i think is a first.

just my thoughts that's all.

p.s maybe i should just quickly mention pink! LOL. think the girls just havin some fun that's all, no biggie.