View Single Post
Old 18-06-2011, 14:24   #908
всё о нас

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatsu103 View Post
then why do they bother to release it??
I can see two reasons.

1. To give the fans something anything to help keep them interested after a very long wait. This way they can feed fans the odd morsel without finding themselves in the situation where everybody has heard the entire album before it is even finished. I do admit that I found the timing of this one interesting given what was happening in the Lena camp yesterday.

2. Julia is in that unusual position of having a ready made established and loyal fan base, even thought she has not released anything yet. So why not make use of it to do a little market testing, release the odd experimental demo and get some free feedback that you can use to help determine the direction of the "real" songs.

From what I have heard these are the 3 demos that were talked about last summer, and they were experimenting with her sound. That does fit with the songs that are quite different in style.

Of the thee songs Stand Up is for me the weakest. Rage had that real "Volkova sound" from Sparks/Fly on the Wall, while Woman All the Way Down was quite interesting musically, but did not make best use of her voice. This one seems to be an attempt at a full-on rock sound, but again the voice just isn't there, although her accent sounded strongest in this one. So it's a mixed bag, but the potential is there, hopefully they will make good use of what they have learned from these experiments, and are able to bring this potential to reality.
~~~~~~~~~~~
2011 Highlights

Julia Volkova - Boom!
Lena Katina - It's the quiet ones that surprise!

--------------------
Once upon a Time....

Tatu - is for life