View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 13:23   #58
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004 View Post
umm... I have to disagree with you to a certain extent. If a person from the South walked up to me and said they were from NY or anywhere other than the South really, I would know right off the bat that they were lying. Each state and even regions/cities have different accents. A Boston Accent sounds Nothing like a New York accent or even a Rhode Island accent and NY is only 3.5 hours away and RI only 30 minutes away.

I don't mean to sound like a prick, but your statement is way to generalized and factually incorrect. Regional Differences are quite noticable. Southerns piss me the hell off because they do everything from speaking to driving way to effing slow for my Northeastern Tastes and I'm sure I piss off Southerns for talking and driving way to effing fast. I'm over being a bit to general but I'm to lazy to write a whole essay on the differences of the States in the US.

Are you joking? We are fucking rude , but not to be mean. I was actually talking to my friend from North Carolina about this the other day. New Yorkers (or Northeasterns in general) will tell you to your face when you are pissing them off. It's a cultural brutal honesty and obligation to state things as the way they are. It's considered to be more rude and cowardly to not tell a person to their face that you dislike something they are doing. In the South or Midwest even people just smile and "ACT" like everything is fine and dandy, then turn around five minutes later and bitch to the entire town about something as trivial as "That bastard stole my parking place".

I personally would prefer to deal with issues I have with another person face to face then talk shit about them to the whole fucking world. But that's just another one of those many cultural differences found within the US.
Well before you write me another essay - I should explain that I figured people would understand that my statement was a statement on their personalities, not their accents. That is why I said "Based, on, their, vew, points"

I doubt you've lived in the South/Midwest as well - becuase that is definately not how it is. Anytime anybody has anything to say, it is said. Thats a large generalization that all people who aren't from the north east just let problems slide by and then bitch about them later.