View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 21:17   #49
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre View Post
A bit offtop here but since it's the USA General thread, I thought to add a few general comments. Sorry for being absent - right, I was in the States to check how the life is.

1. Everything works in this country. It just works. Whenever you've got a problem, people are generally very helpful and they won't ask you for a penny as for instance in Egypt or similar countries.

2. Americans are neither blind nor dumb. They perfectly understand what faults the country has and what can be better. They admit that there's a lot of fraud in big politics and they wished it could be the other way round.

3. People are polite and well behaved. I've spent 2 days in a big city of NYC visiting some weird places as China Town and Brighton Beach and still felt very safe. I'm sure criminals are doing exactly the same thing as in Europe but generally you don't feel threatened from any side.

4. Of course, being a tourist in a country and living there are 2 different things, that's why I payed attention to what my friends said. Basically, apart from a very expensive medicine and not a very sufficient social security, everything else is just as good or better that in Europe. One more thing - I haven't seen as many beggars in NYC as here in Paris.

Thanks for the report forre! America's a great place to live! I love living here, it's not as cultural as I would like but I generally do feel safe and well cared for by my country. I'm glad you pointed out that we're not all stupid and rude like many think . I am glad you enjoyed your visit to my country.