View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 02:34   #36
Don't dream it, be it!

I'd love to think that Yulia's vocal problems were due to a cold...but I really don't. I listened to her singing Nichya in that brief pirate clip of the Tokyo concert and I really felt badly for her - unless it really was a question of poor sound quality. I was astonished at how well Yulia sang at Eurovision (I had expected her to be the weak-link vocally) but on reflection I think it was reckless.

Going back to the scene in the documentary where Yulia's vocal problems are discussed, I found it fascinating how, although Shapovalov says he will respect Yulia's decision whatever it is, it seems to me that he makes it very clear what he thinks she should do - with his remark about the artist being a kind of hero etc. and I do think the problem with Tatu as it stands, is that the two girls are still really, no more than actors in a film that he's directing. I genuinely think the girls are shrewd and intelligent regarding their careers and now could be the optimum time to say "Thanks, Ivan, for everything you've done for us, but now it's time to move on".

BTW Please feel free to disagree with me. I hate the way this forum seems to be becoming increasingly polarised, with sides being drawn and the hostility building. We're discussing stuff here - it's a debate, and there's room for everyone's opinions. Just because somebody disagrees with me, it doesn't mean that I don't like and respect them.

I wish you ALL love!