Thread: Reflex
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2004, 00:39   #35
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
the English pronounciation it dreadful. And the vocals are so heavily manipulated that my ears just wilted. All in all, I don't think they'll make it in Europe without a lesbian image - cuz that's what it took to take the attention away from the bad English in Tatu's case.
katbeidar, Reflex is not trying to enter the Anglo-Saxon market and the regular charts like Tatu, Reflex's music is made for the European technodance scene which is very popular in continental Europe. Most artists doing technodance music are from Germany, France, Italy or the Netherlands, and believe me, bad English is really not a problem for that kind of music. Because nobody is a native speaker in that scene, lol, neither the artists or the public, a lot don't speak English at all actually.

Here's a major German technodance chart, you'll see that there aren't many Anglo-Saxon artists in there, most are from continental Europe.

I'm not saying Reflex is going to be huge on the European technodance scene, but they are good enough to do well.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]