View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 02:40   #22
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Ok there is a little thing called the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution that states all Citizens have the right to BARE ARMS... call me dumb but it stems from a need to have a militia because certain countries *cough*England*cough* couldn't leave us alone after the Revolutionary War... Does the War of 1812 ring any bells for you Europeans? And the right to bare arms has stuck because that is the precedent in our country.

A person is an American if they are a citizen of this country and or call themselves an American. Period end of story. The US has a very different idea about citizenship and ethnicity. Example, Lux is Chinese, I am Irish and German, but we are both Americans. Ethnicity has nothing to do with it. It's a secondary trait that means nothing unless you are applying to school.

So here's a question for all of you non-americans... what makes you English, French, Slovenian, German, Italian or Turkish? Is it your citizenship or where your parents and grandparents were born?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes