View Single Post
Old 14-05-2006, 17:52   #17
Redhaired poet

I grew up speaking Dutch, but since I lived pretty close to the German border I also learned some German as a little girl (this was before I was 3 years old). But when I was 3 we moved away and my German knowledge faded away..
When I was 10 years old, they started teaching English at school. It was hilarious because those books were REALLY old and falling apart and stuff
When I was 12 I started learning French but I sucked at that because the teacher was nothing but a bunch of shit -_-'
When I was 13 they started teaching German and that was really easy.
Right now I study English. I've had German classes 'till I was 17, and French 'till I was 15..

I think it's normal for people to speak English, because it's the international language. But I'd like native-English-speakers to speak some other language too. For example: When I'm on a holiday in France there are hardly any Frenchspeaking people that can speak English. So it can be a problem when you're fluent in one language only..
Do people from the states or from britain have german or french or spanish classes at school?