Thread: Climate change
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 06:05   #41
The Dream is Over, :~(

How would sea creatures be effected?
Are there any that depend specifically on cold waters to survive? I mean, I'm pretty sure they'll survive if the water is a tad warmer, only problem I see are changes in the ocean current that may seriously fuck em' up to extinction. Other than that if the ocean current stays constant; ice melts, ocean grows bigger, more room to swim.

I think it's mainly the eco-systems located on-land in extreme weathers that will seriously be affected like the life that lives in the Arctic tundra, what with the polar bears drowning cause the ice caps are melting and the fragile eco-systems in the deserts relying on rain that falls few and far in between. That rain stops too quickly and all that lives in the Kalahari desert dies. So on and so forth.

What really gets to me though is that some seriously fucked-up conservative "think tanks" have actually realized profit potential in this whole thing. While the Southern Hemisphere may become uninhabitable and the coasts may go under water, present uninhabitable areas inland; like East Russia, Northern Canada and Greenland, will warm up and become land prospects to welcome new settlers. (And you just know this will not be given away to the people who had nothing to do with this).

You know I was always concerned for Global Warming but never as much as I am now. Before last winter I seriously thought that it wasn't a pressing issue, like I knew the climate would change but not in my lifetime, nor my children's (if any), but perhaps in a hundred years or so. I thought that movie Day After Tomorrow, where the one half of world is completely frozen over in just a couple of days due to Climate Change, was the biggest practise of suspending disbelief one could ever hope for in a film. But just this past winter, snow didn't fall in Canada until late January!!!
We had a green fucking Christmas.
Canada.
No snow.
Lord have mercy, we are all going die!