View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 23:02   #181
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
EDIT: cool - what was your old job? if i may ask
sure

I worked for 1.5 years at one of largest (top 5) Architecture firms in USA and the world for that matter. A large corporation of course one learns a lot working for such a large firm, but being there too long could also drive you crazy - the 'any sort' of *sism that comes from it being the headquarters office and situated in the 'conservative' midwest ....... oh, but let me tell you the way one can go through life being paid lots of money for doing almost next to nothing I also 'learned'

Now I work for one of my x preofessors who also practices at the sam time he teaches. We used to be 4 - Me and Him here in Midwest, and His partner and one guy like me in San Francisco. But as of very recently she - the partner - fired him ... so now its only 3 of us.. compared to thousands at my previous job! .... so its a lot more stressful for me... of course we do way smaller projects, but still... lots of fun
Not to mention Jeff - the guy I work for is great and very talanted and intelligent - so its a pleasure working for him - we've already been in number of publications and in last years list of 'Most Progressive Young Firms' Wait couple more years and....
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!