Thread: Barbarellas
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2011, 09:59   #17
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
It's turning out to be one of the rare no-skip-albums, judgiing from the samples. I've ordered on amazon. 9.99 in some exotic currency unit, sounds cheap. Had to snap at the chance! I'm going to be the one and only guy in my town having a CD from a girlgroup from the island beneath the island.
I woke up this morning to find that my pre-order has been cancelled! Grrr. Have to re-order it again. You are going to uber special for owning their album and knowing how great it is whilst everyone else out there fawns over Britney et al. The samples are very catchy and have me all eager to hear the full thing. I would have like Curve Ball to be on the album but I can understand why it has been left off. "Curve Ball" is a bonus track you get if you order from the webshop - http://bit.ly/barbs-ashley

Quote:
I remember the time when the movie 'Barbarella' came out. The critics dragged it through the mud, forwards and backwards. Today it's cult. Times never change, acceptance is very low for something not so common until people have learned to live with it.
People follow the press. If the press like something then the people will like it too. Mainstream cultural conformity. Here in the UK, the people here are mega culprits of this crime. They will eat up anything the press deems cool.

Quote:
I fear I wouldn't understand a word. Perhaps they should try to sing (Gaelic) Irish. I bet you and me are even then. ->