View Single Post
Old 13-04-2006, 17:06   #58
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
I thought she meant that she has personally not experienced that up close (not migration, but people working in other countries but their own for less money etc.).. I guess I misunderstood.
maybe, but why only Eastern Europe? That applies to most Europe, and not to mention she picked two of the largest western neighbording countries as an example.
I also wanted to add in response to haku, that even though people in EU can move around and get jobs anywhere they want, there is still sort of 'migrartion' process involved as the EU countries are still pretty culturally diverse. EU does not deal with culture and identity. I just came back from Portugal and Spain and out of all the places I've been in EU (Czech R., Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, France, Italy, Sweden, Spain and Portugal - just as a comparision) Portugal reminded me SO MUCH more of Bulgaria than any of the other ones, even Czech R., which felt a lot more westernized. Portugal is South europe and culturally i think it is easier to divide Europe in North-South, rather than East-West - meaninig more similarities. Of course i've only visited those countries, so my impressions arent of a person who's actually lived there
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!