View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 08:53   #19
see you at the bitter end

i voted for gore

::sigh:: This is just wrong on so many levels. Religiously and politically CIVIL RIGHTS! Freedom of religion, if one can practice satanism and chant and do ungodly things, then why can't one get married which is part of being a christian(a RELIGION)?? Religious wise, who are we, as humans, to enforce God's will upon others? We are only mere humans, equal in our sins, none is above the other. Whether it be the pope or the president (I do not care for you opinion Mr.President!!) Although I realize that everyone is entitled to one's opinion. It is wrong for the pope (yes i did just say that) to use religion and try to influence politicians. I believe marriage should be an option for everyone, the pope can voice his beliefs or disapproval, but not one individual in this earth is in the position to try and carry out Gods will. We (as Christians and/or Catholics) are only to try and abide by the bible and it's teachings, not pass judgement and force it upon others.

I've spoken to a friend of mine, who is highly religious, (whom I interrupted his Good Friday reading just to have this conversation) And he was speechless, when I brought this subject up. He does not condone the gay lifestyle at all (and he agrees with Bush), yet he was unable to provide an argument to defend the recent events. I'm dismayed by all this, especially when it's my religion who is behind of all of it. (When is it not?) ::sigh::

I'm sorry..i'm just ranting..