View Single Post
Old 26-08-2006, 20:58   #46
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Read Michael Brown's explanation that Haku pointed a link to. It would be a nonsense to classify Pluto and Xena, let alone dozens of smaller objects, as planets when they're just the largest members of a population of small bodies. Mercury is much bigger and it's not much smaller than Mars. It isn't part of a population of small objects like they are, it's the smallest of the big objects. Mercury is 25 times more massive than Xena and Pluto. It's several times more massive than the entire Kuiper Belt. It's the obvious place to draw the line. If something as massive as Mercury is found in Kuiper Belt, it should be a planet, but I'd bet money that one won't be. What's your problem?
Hihi. I love your enormous conviction about a topic that's not yet completely explored. At least not up to an extent when one could claim something for certain like you seem to be. Tell you what... if they find something Mercury-size in Kuipers Belt you're buying me beer.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.