Thread: The Chosen
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 19:25   #24
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Quote:
Originally posted by parrish122
Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

And Dare2dream? I was thinking of how in the Bible it tells of mass killings of infants when both Moses and Jesus were born.

I was also thinking of the tale of Oedipus. A prophecy was made at his birth that he would kill his father. So Laius (his father) decided that his son must die (if I remember right, he was left in the wild to die). Oedipus *didn't* die, and ended up killing his father and marrying his mother--not knowing who they were, of course. So, when Laius decided to have his son killed to avoid the prophecy, he ended up causing it to come true.

And this is where the whole "Oedipus complex" gets it's name.

So when your parents say, "Stop reading those trashy fanfics.", you can honestly say, "But we learn things from Parrish's stories!".

Parrish
I knew the beginning story line sounded familiar!!!! Thanks for reminding me--the Oedipus story was the one that I was thinking of when reading your story. And LOL@your eductional comment for fanfics. True though! Look at all we learned from BLP! That was one awesome story, still my absolute fav of all time.

End of Chapter 3---awww isn't that cute! That's all I'll say about that so I don't give it away. Thanks for the great update Parrish!