View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 21:11   #89
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
Seeing that this is the first of April, I’m not sure if that was a serious comment...
For quite a while I'm not even sure whether some comments have something to do with calendar dates, but anyway - quite amusing when people state that Yulya can't sing in tune and at the same time sooo heavily uses autotune. Maybe a decision - either this or that - would slightly improve the credibility of their expert knowledge about Yul's singing qualities.

Yulya has health problems with her vocal chords and throat, that's for sure, how much it influences her abilities to sing has never been clearly documented. No doubt, it's much easier for Lena to do her job than for Yulya. Nevertheless neither on the last album nor on live concerts she could convince me that she is the better artist. Both have their strong sides and some weak points which they can (even have to) improve.

While Yulya certainly can make choices and decide for her artistical future independently, Lena will have to prove that she can do it too and not just be 'tatu - 1'.