View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 07:21   #8
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
Feminism is a lot like religion in many ways. They both originated from a noble, worthwhile idea (religion: peace, moral standards... , feminism: gender equality) and both deviated into something that turned the original idea into obscurity. Feminism - at least from what I can observe of it here - developed into a kind of ultra-agressive version of the movement, where different authors try to find far fetched reasons why women are infact a higher development of a human being. Amusingly it's the same idea which men tried to impose on women since the begining of time! And it never worked. Because lets face it... and kind of theorizing about ow one particular kind of human is better than the other is bound to sound ridiculous - whether it'd be racistm, homophobia, elitism and yes, even ultra agressive feminism. It's just one twist on religion in my opinion.

As far as regular feminism is concerned.. as in.. people who strive for gender equality... yeah. I've always been a feminist in that respect. Not only that... I think there shouldn't be a neccesity for feimnist movements. It should all come naturally to us. Deep down inside I think it's fairly obvious we're all painfully similar despite all the difference that seperate us. It's just that some people fail to see the difference as something that'd tie us together even more but rather as an excuse to start mini quasi-intelectual revolutions.

A word on the abortion issue. Imo, a person can hardly be called a feminist if they don't support the right to an abortion. More than that... I don't think such a person can even be called a philanthropist.
i completely disagree. but i understand your perspective.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Completeā„¢ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Last edited by freddie; 02-05-2006 at 09:41.