View Single Post
Old 30-04-2006, 19:09   #7
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obezyanki
Maybe real Feminism is already losing atention,,,, female singers like X-tina Aguilera come with "songs" saying they agree with feminism,,,,,,,,, but they don't,,,,. They keep showing women like sexual merchandise...
I don't have the time at the moment to really dig into things but this is one thing I'd like to bring up. Why isn't it ok for women to be sexual? The second we are we're often branded as sexual merchandise or more commonly, sluts. Not that I totally disagree with you Obezyanki, but bringing up Christina Aguilera, I honestly think women like her, Pink and Madonna are feminists. Women who own up to their sexuality, aren't ashamed of it, and are in total control of it.

Contrast that to women like Beyonce, Britney, and Jessica Simpson who do the exact same thing but giggle aferwards and totally shy away from it swearing up and down that really, they are sweet and virginal. As if being female and sexual is something to be ashamed of and chastity is something to adhere to. That, IMHO, goes against feminism.

PS: Nice to see some self-proclaimed male feminists! Hooray!