View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 17:05   #96
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath View Post
Haku, what is this story about Independency of Normandy?...
I've been in Normandy, spending there fullmonths , since I'm a kiddie and I've never heard about it before to meet you...
Monday, I come back in Normandy....so I'll try to ask to the paysans around what they think about the next independency of Normandy....
Oh i didn't say "independant", i said "autonomous", like Catalonia, Scotland, or any German lander for example, and i don't support that for only Normandy but for all French regions, i wouldn't want Normandy to have a special status or anything, all French regions should have the same status.

My model is German landers really, i think each French region should have a regional parliament and government (departements would be abolished) that would be in charge of everything close to people's lives (transports, education, health, etc). I think regions would be a much more efficient scale to deal with local issues than a centralized administration in Paris.
My general idea is a federal France in a federal Europe, as supported by the federalist party.

I actually think that both the PS and UMP intend to give much more powers to regions in the near future. Sarkozy himself tried to create an autonomous Corsica a few years ago, the project planned to abolish Corsican departements and to create a single executive and legislative body for the island (exactly what i suppport for all French regions), the project failed but i think Sarkozy was testing his ideas for what he wants for the future of regions.

Anyway, the most urgent thing for Normandy is reunification because the more powers regions get and the most difficult reunification will be. The current division between Haute and Basse is ridiculous and has no historical basis, and a very large majority of Normans support reunification.
Une Seule Normandie, great site.
Association pour la Reunification de la Normandie, Pierre Albertini (UDF), mayor of Rouen, is a member.
Reunification Normandie, petition.

Interestingly, Basse and Haute Normandy have a single tourism commity website, and that's how everything should be.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]