View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 23:49   #6
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
arms race
Psh. I thought the cold war ended back in the 90's...

Quote:
Well, i am personally opposed to those planned US bases in Europe because they won't be under NATO command but under direct US command, i have no problem with NATO bases in Europe, that's normal, but US bases in Europe are unacceptable to me.
I agree. The U.S. does not allow other countries to stick missiles in direct firing location of themselves, so Europe should not either. I honestly don't see much difference in the Cuban Missile Crisis vs. What the U.S. is trying to do now. Even still. I don't think the world will ever come to Nuclear War. I think it's just a big way to scare people into doing something. Any country who launches a nuclear weapon puts them self at high risk. The only reason Japan didn't during Hiroshima's bombing was because they didn't want to risk full scale war. I quite Hirohito.

Quote:
Moreover, the enemy has begun to employ a new and most cruel bomb, the power of which to do damage is, indeed, incalculable, taking the toll of many innocent lives. Should We continue to fight, not only would it result in an ultimate collapse and obliteration of the Japanese nation, but also it would lead to the total extinction of human civilization.

Such being the case, how are We to save the millions of Our subjects, or to atone Ourselves before the hallowed spirits of Our Imperial Ancestors? This is the reason why We have ordered the acceptance of the provisions of the Joint Declaration of the Powers.
Why can't the worlds problems be solved without violence? I thought the Governments of our nations were established to make the world and it's country a place that functions peacefully. It's now a popularity contest, and it's something the people shouldn't allow their Governments to do.

Last edited by Talyubittu; 08-06-2007 at 00:03.