View Single Post
Old 18-01-2006, 03:31   #59
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
If you say you want to kill me I have the right to try to disarm you.
If I say I want to kill you, even the police wouldn't do anything about it and if you try to disarm me when I don't have a weapon and you hurt me I can sue you and you can end up in jail. So it's not quite the same thing, is it? furthermore you wouldn't even know I told the truth if I said to you I'll get a gun tomorrow and kill you. There's no evidence or real intent just my words.
Not to mention that the Iran president did not not even say that all Israeli's should be killed. It's like me saying, "I have some petrol at home I'll get it tomorrow and go and burn your house". Then you'd try to hunt me down on the basis of me saying that? Or try to protect youself? Well, the Irani didn't even say that either, it's like he said that "your house deserves to be burned", because he said the Israel should be wiped off the map, correct? That's the equivalent of what he said. We got there at the end
That's what you're proposing the U.S ahould be doing. Hunting me down = the cowboy way. Protecting youself = diplomacy. I guess you prefer strict measures. So maybe next time you get into a row with somebody for whatever reason, you'd take the law into your own hands, right? It's not a civilised way though.

Quote:
Hamas has blown up shopping centres too, like discos and wedding parties.
It's true, but it's not controlled by the Irani government. An air fighter though, indirectly controlled by GW Bush, blew a house and killed 18 innocent people the other day in Pakistan. And wasn't even considered an act of aggression. Oh, sorry, wrong intelligence

Quote:
Iran supports Hamas and give it money, whereas Iran and Al Qaeda are enemies. The fact you find the idea that Iran has influence over Hamas funny reveals your massive ignorance of Middle Eastern politics.
might have influence over Hamas in the way Yassir Arafat had influence over Hamas. Which is not much of an influence, as Arafat could not control them.

Last edited by spyretto; 18-01-2006 at 03:44.