View Single Post
Old 30-01-2004, 07:22   #20
Don't dream it, be it!

Quote:
Originally posted by haku
Well, maybe they *do* have material, but an album has to have a "theme" and a "sound", you can't just take a dozen songs, all from different writers and composers and make an album out of it. You have to reach a balance, some kind of harmony in the whole album. That may be their problem.

And last but not least, it's Tatu! They need some kind of "shocking" theme in the album, they can't just come back with a bunch of boring and noncontroversial songs.
I'm not sure they have even decided *what* it is they are going to talk about in the next album.

What Tatu need right now is a concept album. What they need is their very own Marshall Mathers LP. It needs to be brave and edgy and dark, and talk about their whole experience as a media sensation. They need to literally burn those school uniforms and reinvent themselves. I agree that they need an album with a unified vision not some makeshift hodgepodge. I think there has been a definite decline in the quality of Tatu's material since 200kmph. I still think PD is substandard (although the lyrics are good), Ne Ver is just a souped up reworking of PD - the lyrics are again good, the bassline's very nice, the breathy deeper vocals are great but the chorus is just not good enough and as for Nichya, well the sentiments are nice but it's too wishy-washy and the melody's just not strong enough - bland, basically. Sorry to be cutting, but it's only because I care.