View Single Post
Old 19-01-2005, 23:46   #22
Bitchka

I will ignore the Macedonia discussion for now, no time, but yes, its such a delicate subject ... and of course today's Macedonia and ... Alexander's 'Macedonia' are not the same thing, but it is not as simple as black and white either ... anyways
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
IMO they're a left over of an ancient tribes (of which only Romanians and Albanians are left) that lived in the region before the slavics came and who were later romanized..
hmmm, but freds, how would this work ... in the 400-500 AC there were ancient tribes that lived in the region which is now bulgaria ... around the danube and the Balkan mountains ... the Thracians (Spartacus being part of that tribe). Romania isnt that far off, so say there was another tribe in the region of today's romania ... how come the Slavs, who came in enourmous numbers, took over the wholeeeeeeeeee region from Russia down to south bulgaria, to Serbia, and all the way to where you are, but miss Romania? Because, the Slavs that mixed with the Thracians, and the proto Bulgarians (who also came from the East) and made up bulgaria... overpowered culturally, because there were so many of them. And if this tribe that was living in Romania's lands at the time, were so strong and powerful, why werent they opposing the Greeks to create their own country? like did the protoBulgarians/Thracians/BG Slavs in 681, before anybody else in the region?
baaaaaaaah, I now desparately need to refresh my history knowledge on THAT part of the balkans .... unless a romanian shows up faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast and speak! hihi

Quote:
What about Hungarians then
umm, put those with the Finns and call them Mongolian! lol ... well, really, language speaking, those are on their own ... and maybe Estonian with them as well(Im not sure why i remember reading something about that, but i might be wrong)?
oh btw, this reminds me, there is something Mongolian in the Bulgarians as well! I think it comes with the protoBulgarians - they were powerful worriors on horses, rather than the calmer and 'ground working' Slavs (english ? : what do you call a person that works with land? draws stuff and so on excuse my dumb question)
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!