View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 11:19   #6
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
this really is a great thread:)

cool: If you have the possibility please record that sound in "slance". I'm really currious what it is.

I'm beginning to notice as well that Bulgarian is similar to Slovenian in many ways. Quite s surprise to me.

Why is it called slovene and not slovenian? Interesting question. Maybe to differentiate it from slovakian. They mix us up so many times anyway. I belive there would be a lot of confusion among non slavic folk: slovenian-slovakian

Serbo-croatian? In Slovenia we find serbian and croatian so similar that we consider them as one language. The main difference is that serbs use cyrillic characters while croatians use the alphabet. There are also differences between specific words (serbs have more turkish influence), but basicly it's the same language. The same goes for bosnian (they have turkish influence as well, but use the same language as croatians and serbs do). I as a layman can't even differentiate when a person is speaking croaian, serbain or bosnian. It all sounds the same to me, and I understand pretty much everything. Also when I was In primary school, we were still part of Yugoslavia and we had to learn other languages of our country then. We had a subject called: "Serbo-croatian", srbo-hrvascina in slovene or srbo-hrvatski. We learn it as one whole language. I learned cyrillic pretty well then, but I forgot it completely latter (that was 14 years after all), and it's only now that I'm starting to regret that

About chech language= I understand it much less then slovak language. This who languages are quite similar, but slovak is more familiar to me.

Look at this:

slovenian:
Good Morning= Dobro Jutro
Good Day= Dober Dan
Good Night = Lahko Noc (noc pronounced noch)
Good Bye = Nasvidenje

russian:
Good Morning - Do'broe u'tro
Good Day - Do'briy De'n
Good Night - Do'broy No'chi
Good Bye - Dosvida'nie , Poka'

slovenian:
hello = zdravo, pozdravljen/pozdravljena(feminine)
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Last edited by freddie; 02-05-2003 at 15:20.