View Single Post
Old 01-03-2003, 22:54   #1
Прохожий

A message to Magus and all those who would critisize America

This message was originally posted as "Magus, shut the hell up" in his thread "Censored up the ass (And it hurts)" This is my reply to him. I believe alot of good points are made and I would like to share them with everyone. Im not starting a debate here people. These are just my views.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't believe you would say something like "Im not proud to be an american" How old are you? 12? When you say something like that it just goes to show your ignorance. Everything you own, you own because your american. And your uneducated views on American censorship show just how stupid people can be. Think before you open your mouth. I bet if you were to list all the reasons why you think you hate being American, every well educated American would laugh and dismiss your claims. Let me guess, now you want to be Russian? You see my uneducated friend. Russia is what America would be if we didnt stand up to terrorism and for ourselves. Whether they'll admit it or not, every single country on earth is jealous of America's financial wealth and power. We stand up for what we believe and we take action on those who would threaten us. We take in the people that other countries throw away. This makes us strong. This causes people to hate and critisize us, but in no way gives way for people like you to hate your own country. I guarentee that if you were to move to another country, you'd move right back to america within a year because you'd finally realize how well you have it. You know in belgium people are taxed for having radios and large items of furniture in their houses? Ive lived in many different countries, including the middle east (Saudi Arabia), and I can tell you from personal experience that its a great country but if you can tolerate the entire country shutting down 4 times a day for prayer for longer then a year, then you are a tolerant person. You see, about 50% of countries are run by religion. So before you again, rag on america for petty reasons. Think how you could be killed for expressing yourself and practicing you own religion in many other countries. Fact is, America is the greatest country on earth. Thats why everyone wants to live here. So go ahead and leave, the second you do, you'll be replaced by an immigrant who can appreciate being in a country that considers them a true equal and opens up all sorts of doors of opportunity. We have our flaws, but they dont out weigh the benefit of being an American.