View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 21:03   #80
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Order View Post
Not so fast.

Being an investigational science does not disqualify psychology's finding and assertions as valid, nor does it mean that we shouldn't take what psychology says as concrete. Please keep in mind that many, many schools of science are investigational, like the examples I gave. Also keep in mind that every single scientific book and journal out there are based off what "investigational" sciences say is correct.

Just because something is investigational does not mean is it not right. It's just that what we think is "right" evolved over time. And right now, at this point in history, the scientific community believes that homosexuality is valid, and it believes that gender identity and expression are valid, and it believes that GID/HBS is valid.

Your response makes me think that you do not fully understand what being an investigational science means, dude... investigational is not synonymous to imaginary. It just means "this is what we believe to be true and correct, until such evidence comes forth as to make us question this conclusion again.” Which does happen, often.
Quote:
nor does it mean that we shouldn't take what psychology says as concrete.
Yes. Because you're suffering from the mental dissease of homosexuality aren't you?

Quote:
Your response makes me think that you do not fully understand what being an investigational science means
I'm guessing it has something to do with theory and something that hasn't been proven correct, however foundations support the said answer.

Quote:
Gender Identity
Like I said. There's a difference in wanting to be the opposite sex and doing things that the opposite sex usually does. It's not the same thing.