View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:31   #75
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Offtop:
Nope, I just believe there is a LARGE difference in the study of the mind, and the study of made up conditions to fit a social pattern that has always been present when discussing a social-gender role. | If psychology was just a study of the mind it would be a different case, it's not that simple anymore however. Many of you people argue that psychology explains gender identity to be anyone who dosen't fit into a social category that is usually associated with that persons biological sex. - This does not mean that you can RANDOMLY decide you want to be the opposite sex. You are confusing terms. Transgender and transexual are different, and not everyone who is transgender wishes to be the opposite sex. If all of you who claim to have such advanced study in psychology would have been studying 50 years ago, you would have also been told that homosexuality was a mental dissease. So whats your point? Psychology is an opinionated derative of science. It's not exact by any means. The human mind isn't a tool that is read like a book, so I don't know why colleges and universities think that you can learn and study the nature of it by one.
Offtop:
The same way as you can study the nature of evolution or space without really having anything absolutely tangible to fall back upon. Science is about making guesses and then substantiating those guesses with controled experiements. Even the laws of nature aren't really "laws". They're just our description of how four fundamental forces react in a 3D environment. The same with psychology. It tries to get answers from studying human psyche and as far as I'm concerned it's just as valid as any other scientific field of research.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.