View Single Post
Old 30-04-2007, 14:16   #71
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
For some odd reason, none of my posts seem to say they don't deserve the right to live. So whats your point?
My point is that when an entire group of people are targeted for murder and Hate Crimes legislation is not passed, it's essentially saying that they are not worthy of the basic human right to live free of persecution. Which if you've ever taken the time to read the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution, you would know is not an American value. This country was founded on the principle of every person's; independent of race, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, ethnicty, national origin or religion, inherent worth and dignity. The job of the state and government is to protect those that are unable to protect themselves no matter what percentage of the population they make up.

If you disagree, I suggest you take out a copy of John Locke's Second Treatise on Civil Government which heavily influenced the creation of the United States of America. Citizens of a democratic state give up certain rights to the government with the expectation that the government will protect them from others infinging on their rights, so that they may spend their time and energy in the pursuit of other things like "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Property". This includes Transgender individuals (which encompasses more than just transsexuals)... I'm assuming that South Dakota has girls that are tomboys and effiminate acting boys... they are also covered under the term Transgender.

Then again I think the Boston Glode sums it up nicely also.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes

Last edited by Khartoun2004; 30-04-2007 at 14:35.