View Single Post
Old 30-04-2007, 09:41   #70
Freakin' Nutmeggers!

Send a message via AIM to Ace of Order
Mmm...alright buddy.

First off, I'm a second year Psychology and Political Science Double-Major at the University of Rhode Island, one of the best Psychology schools in the country. And psychologists are in concert that there IS such a thing as Gender Identity and Expression.

I assume that you acknowledge a difference between your anatomical sex (tip: Look under your boxers) and your sense of gender. That's pretty general psychology, so I shouldn't have to cover that. So, since you are confident that you're a boy (You know: You feel comfortable with getting facial and body hair, and you are comfortable with your penis, and the roles society expects you to live up to as a man), wouldn't you agree that you have a sense of "identity" because of your gender?

It's one thing, dude, to say that you personally do not believe in gender identity, but to debunk science and declare that gender identity and expression are not valid is incorrect, and I think that perhaps YOU need to do some brushing up on psychology and the relationship between the body and the mind. Especially check up on Maslow's theory of Self-Actualization.

And dude...

Quote:
Anytime someone attacks another person I believe it's out of hate? So why give some guy another 5 years in prison becuase he happened to be attacing a tranny? Hmm?
No, that is not correct. For something to be a Hate-Crime you need to demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt that the primary motive behind the intrusive and/or harmful action was a sincere hate for an aspect of yourself that you cannot help. Race, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation.

For instance, a punk sees a woman on the street and decides to hold her at gunpoint and rob her. Is his primary motive the fact that she is a woman? No, because it could easily be argued in court that if a scrawney looking man, a young boy, or an african-american woman were standing there, they probably had an equal chance of being robbed.

But if a boy is walking down the street and a car stops, some punks get out, call the boy a fa**ot and taunt him and then beat him up and speed off, it IS a hate crime because the perpetrator demonstrated active hatred for the boy's perceived sexual orientation. In court, with a witness, it can be proven that the punks were in fact irritated enough by the boy's perceived sexual orientation to act out and harm him, and if sexual orientation is a protected class in that state/country's Hate Crimes act, it can be invoked and the perpetrator can receive a harsher sentence.

Quote:
As I said, we don't have a large enough population IF any. Honestly, you've probably never even been to the state I live in, so please don't insinuate that there are transanything here. I'm almost 100 percent confident that there are not.
No, I have not been to South Dakota, but I do know that my boss has been to Council of State Legislatures meetings, and that stuff like this has come up before the States, and it is a problem everywhere. Every state, from Maine to Alabama to Minnesota to Wyoming and yea, even South Dakota. Are you honestly going to sit here and tell me that out of the 700,000 people in your state, not ONE of them (Not a ONE) is transgender? Not only does that go against statistics (Ruddimentary studies estimate 1 in every 30,000 people is transsexual: Source: Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology {4th ed.}, Comer, pg. 345-347, in case, you happen to have the book), it goes against common sense. Transgender people, being an umbrella term, has a MUCH higher prevalence.

Have you ever seen a drag queen/drag king? (A girl in a tuxedo or a suit of any kind IS considered cross-dressing, by the way.)

Last edited by Ace of Order; 30-04-2007 at 14:43. Reason: QUOTE HTML hates me, and I found my source!