View Single Post
Old 26-04-2007, 20:47   #48
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Talyubittu, you seriously must love to show how ignorant you are.
Having a different opinion is not ignorance.

Quote:
Just becasue you've never seen a Trans person in your state does not mean they do not exist there.
I did not say they do not exist. I said there is a miniscule amount.

Quote:
And then to further the point by saying that becasue they are an insignificant part of the population of your state if they do exist, they therefore do not deserve to have rights
I said nothing of the sort. I said that it's pointless to take time to enact a law that enables something for such a small fraction of a already small population. - It's the same reason why many laws are different from state to state. Population causes differences in many many laws. It's not that we have "ignorant bigoted people", it's that we don't have any reason to have these laws.

Quote:
Some friendly advice... stop now while you're still somewhat ahead of the game and go do some research on gender theory before you try to say that Gender Identity doesn't exist.
And it didn't exist until the 1950's. It was first a test run to find out where homosexuality orginated from in small children. Robert Stoller created the term, and even today gender identity in the realms of Psychology is still called "Gender Identity Theory". Gender Identity is socially constructed as well according to Psychologists, it's not an state in which you are born. The generic term for Gender Identity as well does not mean "I believe I'm a man in a womans body". It's the type of physical and social status that is thought of partaining to a specific gender. I.E. - Women cook, men go to work. I'd also like to point out that Psychology is a theory to understand how the mind works. It's not an exact brance of science or medicine. Gender Identity has no proof of existance. 5 million people can claim they feel the effects of belonging to another Gender, but it's something they've convicned themselves of mentally. It's like religion, it can't be proven, but people believe it. It's kinda like a gender hypocondriac? Offtop:
How's that for research?

Quote:
And all of this is relevent to a Boy trying to run for Prom King because you still refuse to Achknowledge his gender identity
She has a vagina. She believes that she is male. No matter how much surgery she gets, or how many hormones she takes, she will still be Female. You can know exactly how an apple is made. But you need nature to grow it. - Gender is the same. You can mess around with whatever you want, but you will always be the sex you are born with. No matter what your genetalia looks like.

Quote:
If you want me to stop harping on you for being from South Dakota broaden your mindset outside of the narrowed mind viewpoint of your region of the country.
I believe by just knowing information on Gender Identity I already have quite a bit broader mindset, I have asked people sitting around me in class right now what it is and none of them have the slightest clue. Having a broad mindset does not mean I need to agree with you, it means I need to understand and evaluate to form my own opinion. Just because I do not agree with you does not mean I am narrow minded. Personally, I think you're being narrow minded, you are constantly bitching and nagging at me for having a belief other than yours, and I think you need to accept the fact that I am allowed to have my own opinion, whether you are a transexual or not and whether you like my opinion or not.

Quote:
It will not serve you well when you get out of the sheltered life of High School and go off to college or enter the real world.
For someone who's getting ready to have a fake genitalia, it's a bit rude for you to preach to me about the reality of life, seeing as you obviously don't understand what's real and what isn't. The real world is understanding life as what it is. It's not like I live and attend school in a computer generated perfect world. I know what the real world is like, contrary to popular belief, we get CNN in South Dakota.

I'd also like to say that I believe there is a difference in being Liberal and being Ignorant. And yes, Ignorant. Ignorant to the point where you start forgetting what's real to please people who believe things that are not proven to be real.

Offtop:
OH and I gave cool some rep points, since you couldn't.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Talyubittu; 26-04-2007 at 21:01.