View Single Post
Old 26-01-2005, 00:46   #14
The Dream is Over, :~(

Just so it is known, the whole polygamy thing was brought up by the Mormons out West. Polygamy is legal in the State of Utah in the US (American posters; please correct me if I wrong here), of course a state mostly inhabited by Mormons. I do not see why Islam or Africa have to be specifically brought up.

As for running around naked, Mossop I am sorry to disappoint you there but Canada has legalized women going topless. Not just in the beach (beaches in Canada, HA!) but out on the street too. Granted no woman has tried it yet for the past 5+ years, it is just allowed out of principle. So, how's that for liberal, spyretto?

Quote:
I don't think any modern country is going to legalize such a potential social mess.
I don't think any country would overlook that situation if it were to ever legalize polygamy. Some set of limitations would be established to avoid complications like that, for instance; group of people in marriage cannot join in another group of people... who are married. Oh and uh, only x number of people maximum in polygamous marriage. I don't think it necessarily has to be 1 wife and x number of husbands or 1 husband and x number of wives. Mix it up a bit! 2 wives and three husbands, etc...
I think the law can work its way around it, hell I'm having fun just making some up!