View Single Post
Old 20-04-2007, 20:46   #8
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Are you positive he attended school in Germany?

Both the German professors at my school told me that it was free. Odd... either way I'll go hopefully. Thanks Lisa

& Freddie - I'm sure it's Intel. I already contacted them I'll look into AMD as well, thank you guys

Well, it's very very low tuition if you're living there, being a German citizen, attending a university. Unless you're a German citizen, I am pretty sure you have to pay some sort of out-of-the-country fees/tuition (but I dunno tho, don't quote me, cuz I'm no expert). German Universities aren't free, they are just very very low cost compared to US universities, I believe, partly due to having to pay higher taxes. For example, Humboldt University in Berlin - "The study costs for the full twelve-month study program will amount to 7,700 Euro."

Oh and my teacher went on a study abroad program for a couple of years. Studying abroad is what you have to pay a bit for, because, you're paying US university prices, to go overseas.

I'm just suggesting, it would be a much easier transition and a much more logical route to do a study abroad program instead of going there flat out (IMO). And you can always do all of your grad years at a German university.