View Single Post
Old 19-04-2007, 01:01   #2
Участник

I do not live in either of these countries, but seeing as I am a senior in high school and have learned quite a lot about high school and college education, I feel as though I can offer some suggestions.

I don't know much about studying abroad in high school. I mean, I was planning on spending a semester in Russia, and my grandpa was so excited to pay for me to do it, but he passed away . However, if you spend a year in Germany for high school, I highly recommend doing it through your own school so you will be able to complete credit requirements and get your diploma from your home school. Then, you can get your diploma from your own high school, then head to college in Germany if that's what you TRULY want to do.

When you said "college in Germany" I assumed you wanted to flat out move there and go through your entire college education there? I'm not sure what you meant, but here I go rambling again... Anyways, I highly recommend simply doing a study abroad program. Colleges/Universities have amazing study abroad programs that make it VERY easy to make the transition into the lifestyle of getting an education in a different country. So you will be enrolled at a US university but you are able to go abroad for a year, even more if you want. For your own sake, in your junior and senior years, check out universities that are well known for their study abroad programs and talk to someone about it. It will really help a lot.

My German teacher spent a long time in Germany, and even went to a university there (through studying abroad): he had to take language proficiency tests, etc etc. Just be prepared to spend a lot on your education when going to a diff. country. He is in his early thirties and STILL paying off his school loans.

But yeah, I hoped I helped a little bit.

Basic summary of this whole thing: check out study abroad programs at colleges!!!
They are VERY convenient and are designed FOR people in your situation and with your very same passion.