View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 10:06   #18
Участник

teeny, I think you misunderstood the point of the reputation system. You are not supposed to rate a person's post because he is your friend, or because you like that person or whatever other reason. It's more like, if a person created an interesting thread, you give him a few points. If a person provided some help to you on finding an mp3, for example, you give him some credits. If a person took liberty to upload a video for everyone, you increase his reputation. Do you see what I am saying? Also, if a person is a trouble maker, and caused a fight, you decrease his reputation.

You are not expected to go back and rate every post from the beginning of this forum. It's entirely up to what you feel right - when you really appretiate a person's post (like in the cases above) you give him some points. Do you see where I am going with this?

This way people will see who in this forum community contributes more etc and be able to turn to them for help and assistence if required. Also, Igor, who is not a frequent visitor on the English forum, will be able to judge whether or not to ban a person based on his/her reputation (in case the banning circumstances come up).