View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 23:38   #25
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
The purpose of religion, on the other hand, is to give hope to people to give some motivation. Don't you think so?
Exactly. Actually religion was founded on man's inability to come to terms with his own mortality. Our personal demise is something completely incomprehensible to us. So we have to make stuff up to explain the unexplainable. Maybe hope is something some people need to become better functioning members of our society. Nothing wrong with a bit of hope in something other than this Earthly life. As long as you don't bother other people with your believes it's all peachy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee
I agree... We had a discussion with my English teacher about this... she asked "Why do people make war?" and someone said "Because they dislike eachother's religions" but the true answer was "Money"
Offtop:
Not always money. Sometimes - or rather almost always - it's about power. People tend to get addicted to power. Then there's also impotence. Impotence can do terrible things to a man's self-worth ... it'll make him angry and depressed... up to a point where he'll have to forward that anger to someone else. That's the inadvertant drive behind Adolf Hitler's madness, me thinks.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.