View Single Post
Old 22-02-2004, 17:26   #74
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by freddie
What's changed by now, anyway? We can still call it like that. Yes she is rude and dismissive. But that's a part of what makes Yulia herself.
Please keep in mind that almost no one here has seen any of the episodes yet (and to those who have them, let me just say: PLEASE upload them somewhere!) - and it's very difficult to judge someone's behaviour and words going on fragmented second-hand info alone (not that the majority of people posting reports here is not trust-worthy, it's just that people often see the same thing in different ways, no one is "wrong", and yet it's not entirely objective.). It's a bit disturbing to see people jump to negative conclusions so quickly about Yulia and Lena without having seen the scenes in question - it seems a bit simple-minded to me to do so, even if the majority here seems to condone it.

Yulia decided not to go to Singapore - how she spent the day is not important - but apparently she was willing to talk about it in front of a camera on the very same day Lena flew to Singapore - which goes to show that her decision wasn't just a spur of the moment thing, but something she felt strongly about - I don't call that rude, I call that determined and resolute. And that's how we know Yulia.

Apparently at first Lena had decided not to go either. For whatever reason she could be convinced to go anyway, whereas Yulia remained steadfast in her decision. Lena was flexible and accommodating. And that's how we know Lena.

In times when they must be incredibly irritated and annoyed by Ivan's behaviour and arrogance, both of their decisions show strength and character - each woman reacted and acted according to her temperament. Would I have preferred Yulia to go with Lena? Sure! Do I think less of her because she didn't? Hell, no.

BTW: Lena went to Singapore and made a point to thank the fans for their support in her acceptance speech. She also spent a considerable amount of time after the ceremony posing for pictures with fans and signing autographs. Everybody who met her, was full of praise for her kindness and graciousness. And I hardly found anyone who attended the ceremony who said they were disappointed afterwards. Quite the contrary actually.

xena225