View Single Post
Old 14-10-2006, 00:10   #24
iMod

Quote:
he said while splitting the country in three may solve the problem, it's easier said than done.
Oh i agree, it's going to be a slow process and many people are going to die in the mixed and disputed areas. But Iraq has recently passed a law which is a first step toward a federation of autonomous regions, so i would say that the partition process is now on its way. Iraq will probably slowly disintegrate like Yugoslavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
If they split the country into three seperate countries, what would you do with the kurd's left in the Shite part? Uproot them? Don't you think that would cause more animosity?
Well, ethnic cleansing is actively going on right now in Iraq, Shias are targetted in the Sunni part, Sunnis are targetted in the Kurdish and Shia parts, i'm suspecting that by the time those autonomous regions are created, most minorities will already have moved or 'be removed'. Which part goes to which autonomous region will be decided by referendum on a province by province basis next year, so of course in the meantime each majority group is going to eliminate as many minorities as they can from the provinces they control to have a clear win in the referendums. The coming months are not going to be pretty.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]