View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 03:07   #35
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl
Hey, nobody's talking shit of the guy. It's pretty much understood that he has brought some massive awareness towards the wildlife.

It just that I'm surprised that the words "I never expected this to happen" could be read in this thread. It's not like we all had stopwatches timing this shit, but as far as comparisons to firefighters and smokers go (which IMHO, are completely different things) I still have the same sentiment. It is something that is likely to happen. And just because I feel this way does not in any way mean I'm not saddened by his death and sorry for his family.

There's no intention of offending anybody here.
I hope I wasn't misunderstood...What I meant to get across is that Steve's death was a shock to me because it was so sudden. *How* he died wasn't so much a shock to me since he died doing what he loved--interacting with wildlife. I don't think anyone who knows who Steve Irwin is, is shocked at how he died, just maybe that he *did* die at such a young age of 44 since he seemed almost invincible, you know? I still can't believe he's gone just because I've looked up to him for the past eight years, not because I didn't think anything would happen to him. Wow. I still feel so bad for his kids, especially Bindi since he was filming a documentary for her when this happened.

As I watch CNN right now, I feel horrible for his friend John since he has to keep telling the story over and over again to all the interviewers. I remember when I had to tell everyone in my family about what happened when I had to put my dog down and that tore me up inside...I can't imagine what John's going through describing this over and over.
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.myspace.com/dare2dream28 I DARE you to click it. ;)

Thanks to room4602 at the Spashley forum for my avatar. :)