View Single Post
Old 16-12-2004, 17:12   #12
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
And WHO isnt letting her to say the word 'FUCK'??? She can say 'fuck, fuck, fuck" all she wants and people wouldnt give a FUCK! This isnt the issue at hand, AT ALL. The issue is simple, following simple standards reinforced by the law...and it involves Wall-mart, not amy Lee, it could've been Hubba Bubba's CD for that matter ( but definatelly not t.A.T.u.'s CD, as the lable censorded it so it wouldnt have that sticker! OMG, i cant believe you bought watered down cd for the children!)
If there is a law that says CDs which contain words like fuck should have a warning sticker at places like wall-mart (which is NOT a record store but a place where you are more likely to buy pampers for your baby), then those people have the legal right to sue! No one is telling Amy Lee to water down her music (which by the way i find shitty anyway and cant see who would want to waste their money on it) or sanitise it for the children.
I concur to that!! We don't need any more of that liberal BS - although I consider myself a liberal somehow but If you want to fight the bigots you gotta do it in their own game, not crying like p****s about everything; instead to identify the problem, work out the solution, hit at the right time, never run but smile . Small time record shop owners do that anyway.
Though I wouldn't go as far to say Amy's music is "shitty", I understand that opinion too. As they say in Greek, " about taste, pumpkin pie"; meaning that one person's "awesomeness" can be another person's "shitness". But from what I've heard so far, I wouldn't say that this album is particularly any good, and if I'm not mistaken, the guitarist and main musical force of that band has departed due to "artistic differences". I might be wrong about both the departure and the album's quality, though.

Either way, stickers on CDs are a good idea. You can buy those knowing that they're even more disturbing to conservative bigots...otherwise they'd go completely unnoticed...