View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 18:54   #8
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
To be honest I think this is political correctness gone too far. You are either one gender or another, I don't think there are two ways about it.
Gender and sex are different. Let's not get them confused. Sex is not as black and white as you are portraying it. It's not either male or female, what about the millions of people in the world that have intersex conditions? People born with ambiguous genitalia are more common than you might think. How would you define them? They don't fit neatly into male or female boxes.

Gender is completely psychological, cultural and emotional. There are more than just two genders, male or female, what about the people that identify as both genders, or those that feel they are a third gender? What about people that feel they have no gender? Then there are the GenderBenders, GenderQueers, ect... How do you define them?

Gender is even more complicated than Sexual Orientation.

I think it's ridiculous to issue a person who feels they are female, even though they are biologically male, two genders on a birth certificate because it is degrading and does not acknowledge their own self definition, no because of it's political correctness. Chanda feels that she is a woman therefore her birth certificate should reflect that she is female and only female. Putting both genders on such an important legal document is just asking for a hate crime to be committed. It's despicable really.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes