View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 21:10   #5
what can I say...

Chapter 5 – The White Knightess
Yulia awoke to the sound of birds singing, opening her eyes and squinting against the early morning sun. Despite the fact she had been living on the streets for over nine months now it always surprised her waking up on the streets rather than in her own bed. Things couldn’t have been more different just a year ago when she had woken up smiling, her face covered with tender sweet butterfly kisses, body entwined with her girlfriend Anouska the only person she had ever fallen in love with.

They had spent a wonderful day together with Anouska spoiling Yulia by bring her breakfast in bed with birthday presents and a single red rose. The best thing for Yulia was when Anouska had made love to her in the shower pushing her beyond the realms of ecstasy into pure unadulterated bliss. She had never trusted anyone as much allowing Anouska to see a part of Yulia no one ever saw. The Yulia that was a gentle, sensitive romantic as opposed to the spiky, sarcastic sex bomb who loved to have sex and lots of it… with men. If they had all only known where her heart’s desire belonged.

Yulia had felt better for knowing Anouska her life seemingly getting better in all areas including in her fashion design degree were she was doing outstanding work and being tipped for huge success within the fashion industry. At the time her creative talents were purely energised by the happiness Anouska gave her. However, Anouska who had given her all she had ever wanted had ultimately taken it all away, stripping her of her love and her spirit that she had yet to recover.

As Yulia pondered what she had lost in the last year she wandered aimlessly around in circles watching all the happy people smiling and laughing jealously consuming her whole. Why did she have to fall in love with someone who thought nothing of betraying and discarding her?

Yulia had grown sick and tired of living a lie pretending she and Anouska were no more than friends when in fact no one meant more to her in the world not even her parents. Yulia had decided on impulse to tell her parents about her relationship with Anouska because as far as she was concerned she had done nothing for which she should feel ashamed. She prepared herself, not really knowing what kind of reaction to expect. It was explosive, harsh words, a sharp slap and utter condemnation for being what she was-in love. She had managed to throw only a few worldly possessions in a bag before she left the house slamming the door shut on her parents and childhood home. She was a woman now it was the right time for her to start the next phase of her life with her soul mate. That was all she wanted- to be with Anouska forever.

The first thought Yulia had upon leaving her house was to go to Anouska. Yulia couldn’t quite believe what had happened. Had her father really branded her a dyke and a whore? Her mother had just sat there sobbing unable to comprehend what Yulia was saying. She was such a weak person and Yulia refused to be like her, she was strong willed and independent she always had been so she wouldn’t change now no matter how much they tried to bully her and break her into submission. She refused to give up that ‘nonsense’ as her father had called it, he didn’t know anything about her and Anouska.

When she walked round to Anouska’s house and rang the doorbell she noticed that Anouska’s parents’ cars were not on the driveway. Good she smiled to herself she could spend some alone time with her girl discussing their future plans. It was going to be difficult for them at first but as long as they had each other they would be fine, Yulia was as certain of that as she was her own name.

When Anouska came to the door she was wearing only a dressing gown, her long dark chestnut locks tousled and her eyes misted over with sleep. As it was 4.30pm this was strange as Anouska never napped in the afternoon and Anouska seemed shocked to see Yulia wide-eyed with an expression she found hard to read.

“Hey baby” Yulia kissed Anouska’s rosy cheek feeling bewildered at her lack of response. Was Anouska mad at her and if so what had she done?

“Are you ok Anouska?” Yulia asked concerned, her brow furrowed.

“Yeah, fine, erm, I was just..feeling tired and decided to have a nap you know.”

“Sleeping without me, what have I told you about that” Yulia gently smoothed a lock of stray hair away from Anouska’s face cupping her chin in her hand. “You know come to think of it I feel kinda sleepy too, can I join you?” Anouska flinched away from Yulia’s touch leaving her question unanswered.

“It’s not a trick question” Yulia probed.

“Look Yul, Mum and Dad will be back in a few minutes do you mind coming back in about an hour or better still I’ll come to your house”

“You can’t!” Yulia knew she had to tell Anouska what had happened with her parents but she had at least hoped for a kiss to soothe her before she told her the whole sordid tale.

“Why not” Anouska was visibly confused.

“I told my Mum and Dad about us” Yulia blurted out. “They’ve chucked me out Anouska, I’ve got nowhere else to go.”

“But why tell them, things were fine as they were.” Anouska protested.

“No they weren’t, lying and pretending we’re not together, sneaking around! I can’t do it anymore! I want the whole world to know just how much I love you because I do you know, really, really love you.” Yulia voice broke, all her emotions rising to the surface.

“Yul…”

“Anouska what you doing?” A male voice called down from upstairs.

Yulia hesitated for a second before pushing past Anouska going into the lounge and climbing the stairs rapidly with Anouska running behind her. “Yulia, where you going you can’t go up there” Anouska put a hand on Yulia’s shoulder but Yulia didn’t answer and simply shrugged her off until she was on the landing directly in front of Anouska’s door. It was slightly ajar so she tapped it gently open the scene before her confirming her worst fears.

It was Sasha, Yulia’s best male friend in Anouska’s bed on the left hand side she usually occupied his naked body barely covered by the white duvet. “What the f**k!” Yulia shouted clenching her tiny fists, she wanted to beat the shit out of him so badly how dare he!

“Yulia look I can explain” Anouska was now stood in front of Yulia shielding her from the sight of Sasha with both hands holding her firmly by the shoulders.

“Don’t touch me, don’t ever touch me again!” Yulia felt sick to her stomach, she had openly declared her love for Anouska to her parents, been almost proud to announce it and what for, someone who ultimately had made a fool out of her. She felt as disgusted with herself as she was with Anouska and Sasha, she had let them do this to her. She had softened, given away too much of herself so what had she expected.

“Yulia, please listen to me” Anouska pleaded with Yulia but she was unable to look her in the face she was afraid she would want to smash it up. She had always trusted the look in Anouska’s eyes when she kissed her and made love to her it told her she loved her and that she was the only one that mattered. It was all fake-she had given up her life for a love that didn’t exist.

“Why?” Yulia whispered staring intently at the floor.

“I thought I loved you but I just realised that we should just be friends… it made me happier being your friend…I need more Yul.. Sasha can give me that.”

“Oh, I get it!” Yulia felt a wave of red mist descend upon her and she had to let the anger out. “Sex, huh, you need a bit of dick inside you to get off right? God, you’re a f**ing joke, I thought we had more than that but then again I thought I knew who you were but now I see you both as you are, you’re a complete and utter bastard” she said pointing at Sasha. “And, you” Yulia looked at Anouska now, she realised it was the last time she would ever see her. “You are a slut, you ab-solute-ly f**king disgust me and I never want to see you again!” Yulia’s voice shock with emotion and she swung her hand back and slapped Anouska’s face as hard as she could. The girl cried out in pain but she spun on her heel not looking back to see the damage she had inflicted running down the stairs out of the house needing to get as far away as possible from Anouska, Sasha and her parents.