Thread: Prostitution
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2006, 16:43   #4
pie crust

Quote:
It should be legal though because many prostitutes get attacked by their customers and end up not reporting it to the police because they are too worried about getting into trouble themselves.
Quote:
Strictly speaking, prostitution *is* legal in most European countries anyway, it's "solicitation in public" which is generally illegal (hooking in the street), but advertizing your services on the internet or in newspapers and then service your customers in a private location is totally legal.
I'm not sure if the women (or men, mostly women are prostitutes though) are afraid to speak out here in Sweden or not... but I do know that what they are doing is not considered illegal. It's the people who pay for their favours who are doing the illegal thing (meaning, it's legal to sell yourself but illegal to buy someone else).

I think also many women (again, men also, but mostly women) don't go to the police because their pimps would probably kill them (literally).

There was a lady here in Sweden who worked as a prostitute and she wanted to be treated like any other worker, except her act isn't really considered a job. She went to the police and reported the Sweden's prime minister because she "pays to him", so according to her this means that he is her pimp. And pimpin' ain't legal here, yo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]