View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 02:39   #22
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
It's intrinsically no worse for a black person to be homophobic than a white person.
Black people are still victims of prejudice. And so are handicapped people, poor people, etc. So I don't understand how anyone who was a victim of prejudice can be prejudiced against other people. I think Rachel gave the black people example because it's very common. Now I don't think hating black people or whomever for being homophobic is the right sollution too. But it does leave a lot of space to interrogation, like why the hell would you attack someone and discriminate them on grounds of sexuality, religion, skin color, etc, if you were also discriminated and know how it feels like and how bad it is?! It seems like some sort of pathetic childish revenge. That and comparing "I suffered more than you" - it's like, how vague is that? People feel things so differently. What can be a huge offense and attack to you, can maybe be more easily ignored by me, so how the hell can you prove someone has suffered more than others? Pfff.